Friday, March 11, 2011

3/11/2011

Strange Change

Fascade of smiles crumbles down
What has changed? What has been found?
Nothing’s changed, no nothing’s new
No more strength to push on through.
Nothing’s sad, but why keep laughing?
No more acts so why keep clapping?

The person that you the thought you knew
The one right in front of you
Did something you never thought she’d do
Something’s different, here’s a clue
She’s just changed her point of view


Love Me
I want a boy to tell me
I’m beautiful

I already know I am, although
On some days I’d disagree with that statement
But even on those days
If someone were to try to convince me
I could be persuaded
Especially if that someone
Were cute
And smiled at me
When I least expected it.



Instant Tan

The tan’s not real
It doesn’t feel
The same as sun baked skin.
The glow looks natural
I’d rather have actual
Sun rays seeping in.

A citrusy smell
They copy it well
But it’s not the same as the sand.
Keep your sun in a bottle
Heck I’d rather waddle
With sunburn than get a fake tan.

No comments:

Post a Comment