Monday, February 21, 2011

2-21-2011


Havent posted in a while so i thought i'd post a billion (or less). Most of them are ancient. Some new ones though:)


Who Turned the Lights Off?

I’m writing this in the dark
With my eyes closed,
Literally and figuratively
I suppose.
I wish I had never introduced
You to her
You two are perfect.
You’re into her.
So into her that you don’t see
Me.

Because I’m in the dark
Tea

Give me power
Keep me warm
Encourage me
To break the norm
Force my eyes
Open wide
Help me spill
What’s inside
lost
A little
Boy named
Tom lost his
Balloon.
Can
Y
   O
        U

        H
     E
L
 P

      H
            I
                 M

              F
           I
      N
   D

I
     T
         ?
Wind

Walk the dog, Rake the leaves
And I’ll cool you with my breeze.
Pitch the tent, help it grow,
I’ll knock it down with one strong blow.
Climb the tree at break of dawn
Feel it shake with gentle yawn
Lay in grass with calming hush
I’ll bend the blades as bye I rush.
Watch the car go speeding past
Feel me chase it with a blast

The nothing with you all around,
When it moves it makes no sound
But upon when glancing ear
Then is when one can hear
Most gentle whisper ever heard
Upon the wings of flapping bird
The thing that makes the waves crash down
Upon the shore, an easing sound
Such soft power solely found
Within the wind to which I’m bound
flight

I’d love to fly
But how can I?

In a cage

I’ve been here
Twelve years
Learning

In a cage

I see the outside

Through the thin wires,
The latch is open
I don’t dare move
Soon a hand will come and push me out
I’ll wait until then
How can I possibly leave?
I’ve known no other place
They want me to be free
I’m fine here

In my cage

It’s the distance that broke them

I could slice with skates or toss a dart
But they could never pierce your heart
Its frozen cold
Or so I’m told
By my friend you tore apart

1 comment:

  1. love the ballon shape poem! and tea is amazing, just saying

    ReplyDelete